COVID-19 lockdown means that, this Father’s Day, many of us won’t be able to celebrate with our families in person. We’ve come up with our Sated Father’s 2020 Gift Guide, full of present ideas that can be safely sent to your dad, so that you can show your love and appreciation, even if you’re not together on the day.
This post contains sponsored content. Sated only ever partners with brands, companies and individuals of the highest calibre. All sponsored posts contain only genuine recommendations and all content is created by Sated.
Foursquare Rum Distillery is one of the world’s most highly respected producers of premium rum. For a limited time only, you can grab a bottle of its 12-year-old Foursquare 2007 Exceptional Cask Selection for a steal at £51.95!
Situated on Barbados and headed by its maverick master distiller and master blender, Richard Seale, Foursquare creates exquisite rums that any spirit lover would enjoy. Its Exceptional Cask Selection is the cornerstone of the brand’s offering. Single-Blended – meaning that they are from one location, and are produced in the distillery’s copper, double retort pot still and column Coffey still – and non-chill filtered, with zero colouring, added sugar or flavouring, this range sings of the island and showcases punchy, complex flavours, artfully balanced with enviable finesse.
Foursquare 2007 is a single vintage expression marrying a blend of pot and column still rums. The liquid is tropically aged in Barbados in 100% ex-Bourbon casks for 12-years, before being bottled at a bold 59% ABV. Full of dry, woody notes, ginger, oak spice, vanilla, raisins, sultanas, banana, toasted nuts and rounded sweetness, Foursquare 2007 is an exceptional slow-sipper that works as a beautiful introduction to this inimitable distillery.
Foursquare Brand Ambassador, Pete Holland adds,
“The Foursquare 2007 Vintage is a fantastic Rum to gift; Perfect for anyone who’s into cask strength spirits. Approachable, and not challenging in a quirky way, but offers a lot to experienced rummies as well. Twelve years of maturation in Barbados, presented at cask strength, non-chill filtered, and definitely no garbage added: what’s not to love?”
It’s set to be fine weather! Why not give your dad an excuse to fire up the barbie with this delivery of tasty treats?!
field&flower is an award-winning, free range meat and sustainable seafood delivery box running across the UK. Founded by a farmer and a food-lover, it supports independent British farmers and fishermen, with an aim to get people to eat less but better quality meat and fish as well as minimising food waste.
Sustainability is at the core of field&flower. It supports its farmers and fishermen by paying them above market price, allowing them to maintain exceptional production standards. This ensures that field&flower’s customers eat meat and fish of the highest quality, all while supporting small-scale British farmers and fishermen. Every cut is hand-butchered to order and they work with whole carcasses, as opposed to just getting in the highest earning, most popular cuts. This helps them to ensure minimal food waste as well as control standards and traceability. field&flower’s salmon is reared by fishermen at Loch Duartt under Marine Conservation Society Guidelines. It is the first salmon farm in the world to be awarded RSPA accreditation. Any surplus produce is sent to FareShare South West, a Bristol-based charity that redistributes surplus food to over 150 charities, schools and community groups.
This incredible value Chefs’ BBQ Box contains up to fifteen servings for one-to-two people for a special discount price of £56.85 (usually £62.02)! What’s more, we’re offering an extra £10 off with discount code: EATBETTERMEAT.
Chefs’ BBQ Box contains:
6 x Premium Toulouse Sausages
4 x Beef & Chorizo Burgers
1 x Sharing Rump Steak (680g)
1 x Centre Cut Scottish Salmon (550g)
4 x Lamb Loin Chops
8 x Teriyaki Marinated Pork Belly Slices
Hine Cognacs are some of the most highly regarded around the world for their quality, elegance and complexity. The house’s ethos is that is it impossible to make good Cognac without first making fantastic wine, so that’s what they do!
Hine Rare VSOP Cognac is one of the brand’s classic expressions and has 250 years of history to it. The recipe was first introduced by Hine‘s founder, Thomas Hine himself and blends around 20 eaux-de-vie from the growing regions of Grand Champagne (40%) and Petite Champagne (60%), aged between six and 12 years.
The result is a fine Cognac with aromas of honey, white flowers, apricots and peaches in syrup, developing on the palate with juicy fruit, a lick of liquorice and an impressively creamy texture meeting notes of brioche and hazelnut.
Le Creuset is the brand for those who love their food, boasting an incredible range of colourful, enamel-covered cast iron and stone cookware from pots and pans to mugs and cooking utensils. Unlike a lot of modern products in our throw-away culture that are not made to last, most of Le Creuset’s products come with a life-time warranty (that’s the product’s lifetime, not yours, as these can be handed down, generation to generation and if they become defective, they will be replaced by the company)!
Our favourite new discovery is the Le Creuset Stoneware Cafetière – the perfect gift for a dad who loves his coffee (or loose leaf tea). With a stainless steel mesh and plunger, it can be used for ground coffee or tea and is thermo-resistant from -18 °C to +260°C. Its generous one-litre size means it can serve cup after cup, with plenty to go around.
What’s more, its durable enamelled surface comes in 12 different colours, injecting a pop of colour into a morning routine.
Chocolate Trading Company
Who doesn’t love chocolate? *Silence* Exactly. With a celebration like Father’s Day, why not up the game a bit and deliver the goods in the form of some exquisitely sourced, single origin chocolates?!
Chocolate Trading Company is the largest independent online chocolate shop in the UK, specialising in the finest chocolates from around the world. Founded in 2002, it has grown rapidly to become one of the best sources of quality and artisanal chocolate in the country, offering cocoa wares to its customers at surprisingly reasonable prices.
This luxury chocolate hamper contains a bottle of Sonsierra Tempranillo Rioja, chosen to compliment the 18 assorted chocolate box taken from Chocolate Trading Company’s Superior Selection range. The hamper itself is finished with a gros grain black ribbon, and the specially designed chocolate box commemorates the day with embossed gold detailing.
- A bottle of Sonsierra Tempranillo Rioja (Tasting Notes: luscious red berry fruit and a touch of liquorice come together on a well-structured palate. This is a fresh and rounded red with a beautifully fruity finish)
- Superior Selection 18 Assorted Chocolates Gift Box
You can include a gift message for free or choose from a range of greeting cards for an extra 95p.
£38.90. Buy it here.
For non-drinker dads, check out this selection of superior quality, dark chocolate ganaches, made using single origin – indeed, single plantation – cocoa. Each ganache has a dark chocolate shell, encasing a rich and melting ganache centre. These very special chocolates truly deserve to be savoured.
- TRUFFE À LA CRÈME – A rich, dark chocolate ganache using single estate cocoa from the Riachuelo plantation in Brazil. A harmonious mix of toasted cocoa, dried fruit, red berries and spices with a long caramel finish. Rolled in cocoa powder
- CYRANO – Created from an exquisite blend of Trinitario cocoa, from the Los Ancones plantation, on the island of Santo Domingo in the Caribbean. Offering a complex assortment of fresh fruit notes including apricot, peach and even green olive
- PALET LA LAGUNA – Created from fine flavour cocoa grown on the La Laguna plantation in Guatemala, birthplace of one of America’s oldest civilisations. A light, acidulous and fruity flavour profile containing notes of plum, roasted cocoa and yellow fruits
- PALET MOKAYA – Single origin ‘Mokaya’, dark chocolate ganache from Mexico using fine flavour Trinitario cocoa. A beautifully smooth and full flavoured chocolate ganache offering notes of dried fruits with little acidity and great length of taste
- PALET VILA GRACINDA – Created using Forastero cocoa beans from the Vila Gracinda plantation, found on the island of Sao Tome. A flavour profile of earthy, liquorice notes contrasting with a sweet, tropical fruit edge which balance perfectly
- PALET EL JARDÍN – Created from fine flavour cocoa from the El Jardín plantation in Colombia within the floodplains of the Ariari river. Notes of honey, red berries and caramel combined with roasted and peppery notes
£29.95. Buy it here.
Something a tad different for the whisky lover in your life.
Holding 350ml of Scotch Whisky (40% ABV) from the Highlands, this quirky gift is one to be treasured. A mini pot still shape filled with barley (used in the production of Scotch) sits happily within the bottle, with a working tap siphoning off drams into the included two glasses when required. Once the Highland Malt Whisky is finished, the bottle can be topped up with your dad’s favourite tipple and continue delivering the water of life for years to come.
Highland Whisky Tasting Notes: Sweet and smooth with wafting notes of honeyed heather and the slightest whisper of smoke.
£80. Buy it here.
Good old Cellar by Waitrose has spruced up its range of bubbly in time for Father’s Day, with some delicious deals on favourites such as Laurent-Perrier Brut NV (reduced from £40 to £26.66), Moët & Chandon Impérial Brut NV (25% off at £27.50), and Chapel Down Sparkling Bacchus (1/3 off at £11.99 for this incredible steal).
However, what we’re most delighted to see is the Digby Leander Pink NV Brut – the official sparkling wine of the world’s most highly Olympic-decorated sports club, Leander Rowing Club. Each bottle sold supports Leander Academy to train young people who aspire to greatness.
This phenomenal, multi-award-winning number masterfully blends earthy and fruity Pinot Noirs with a bright Chardonnay. The result is a lovely yet poised palate brimming with citrus zing, fresh strawberry, light floral notes and rich toasted brioche.
£30. Buy it here.
Fine Food Specialist Gift Hampers
Fine Food Specialist is an online destination for quality produce and hard-to-find ingredients – a haven for the daring and curious cook. Founded in 2020 by ex-chef Drogo Montagu with a mission to bring rare gems from across the globe, luxury delicacies and the finest British fare to to devout foodies. You can find truffles, caviar, foie gras and Wagyu beef here alongside top quality seafood, exotic meats, fruit & vegetables, fresh pasta, specialist oils, edible flowers and so much more.
As you might expect, its Gifts & Hampers are stunning, curated to include some of the finest produce out there. Two of our Father’s Day favourites are the Gourmet French Artisan Gift Set and the Fresh Fish Sashimi Box.
For people who like it pure and simple, this cheese hamper weighs in at 1kg and contains 100% French artisan cheese, with a great selection of soft cheese, blue cheese and goat’s cheese. Fine Food Specialist has also included its selection of biscuits for cheese to accompany, as well as a pot of black truffle honey to drizzle on top. A great treat for any cheese loving dad, best enjoyed leisurely in the garden or in a comfy chair.
- 1 x Bleu de Basque, +/- 200g
- 1 x Sainte Maure de Touraine AOP, 250g
- 1 x Langres, 180g
- 1 x Baby Pont l’Eveque, 400g
- 1 x Acacia Honey With Black Truffles, 220g
- 1 x Laguiole Cheese Knife, Red
- 1 x Biscuits For Cheese, 375g
- 1 x Wicker Hamper
£.79.95. Buy it here.
We don’t know about you but we’ve really started craving sushi, as it’s one of those things we haven’t been able to make since lockdown started…until now! Sashimi is the grade given to the freshest possible catch and is generally served raw. Fine Food Specialist’s Sashimi Box includes three fresh fish cuts that are big enough to serve four people.
- Hiramasa, 300g – Hiramasa, also known as Kingfish, is a high-quality sashimi grade Yellowtail Kingfish which is farmed under strict, high standards to make it some of the best sashimi grade fish out there. The fish is firm with large flakes, pale pink in colour, with a rich and subtly sweet flavour. In Japan, the fishermen go to great lengths and hand pack the fish to ensure that the delicate flesh doesn’t bruise. The high oil content in the loin of the Hiramasa fish is what gives it its buttery, rich texture and delicately sweet taste
- Salmon, 180g – Beautiful, delicate salmon in its freshest state is perfect for serving as sashimi or sushi. If you are looking to prepare a fresh, aromatic tartare, don’t feel you need to add too many extra flavours because this salmon can speak for itself
- Tuna, 200g – When they are landed the tuna are inspected and a sample is taken from the fish. The colour determines whether they can be sold as sashimi or not, ensuring that you are getting the best quality in this top classification
- Tube of Wasabi Paste
- Hiyashi Wake Seaweed Salad
- Kamebishi two-year-old Soy Sauce
- Pickled Sushi Ginger
- Essential seasoning
- Micro purple shiso leaves
£69.95. Buy it here.