Smashed avocado on toast, perfectly cooked poached eggs, overnight oats and bottomless prosecco – the nation has been overtaken by a hunger for brunch. So, it’s no surprise that this year will mark the introduction of the capital’s first London Brunch Fest. What’s more, we are offering our readers an exclusive 10% off to the two-day celebration!
London’s first ever brunch festival will give guests the chance to gorge themselves on dishes from some of the world’s best cafés, restaurants and street food vendors, as well as attend an exciting array of talks, panel discussions and activities (between those Mimosas, Bloody Mary’s and speciality teas and coffees, that is).
WHEN AND WHERE
Saturday 1st – Sunday 2nd September
Sessions (each day): 10am – 1:30pm / 2pm – 5:30pm
Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, E1 6QR
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Waffle On, named best waffles in London by Evening Standard @waffleonmarkets
- Urban Pantry, runner-up in Time Out Love London awards ‘Most Loved local brunch spot’ @urbanpantrylondon
- Cafe Miami, North Hackney neighbourhood cafe serving instagrammable classicS @_cafemiami
- The Joint, the Brixton Market favourite are showcasing their brunches with their signature BBQ twist @thejointldn
- Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen, Zoe Adjonyoh and team bring their taste of West Africa to the festival @ghanakitchen
- Benitos Hat, the Mexican kitchen giants bring their weekend brunch menu to The Old Truman’s Brewery @benitoschat
- On Cafe, serving their Asian Dim Sum brunch dishes @on_cafe
- Finest Fayre, creating special brunch inspired scotch egg dishes @finestfayre
- Mac to the Future, bringing their mouth-watering ‘mac and cheese’ with a twist @mactothefuturelondon
- Arancini Brothers, offering up their handmade Italian risotto balls to visitoRS @arancinibrothers
Each brunch vendor will be serving a special festival menu for the event as well as one signature dish. Visitors will also have the opportunity to vote for their favourite in a festival-wide competition that will announce the coveted award of ‘Dish of the Festival’ after two days of voting.
Drinks will be provided by Hackney-based The Pickle House taking up residency for the weekend and serving up their renowned Bloody Mary’s as the perfect accompaniment to all of the brunch food on offer, with an extra dash of pickle power! Real Kombucha ’s pop-up bar will serve ‘fermentation at its finest’, and The Gentleman Baristas, Origin Coffee Roasters and We Are Tea will be serving their premium coffee and tea. In addition, The Urban Cordial Co will be providing their lovingly handmade seasonal cocktails alongside a dedicated prosecco and mimosa bar!
For the sweet tooths, scrumptious baked goods and desserts will be on offer in the marketplace area, provided by the likes of Pophams Bakery, Naked Dough, The Flour Station and Sweet Nothing Bakehouse.
The festival marketplace will be packed full of exciting brands sampling and selling brunch and breakfast related treats, Perfect for visitors to peruse with a cocktail in hand, take home and enjoy!
In addition, a range of events have been scheduled throughout the weekend that will include talks, panel discussions and interactive workshops.
- The Explosion of Kombucha – a panel discussion from Real Kombucha and No1 Kombucha
- Tea Done Properly: A Guided Tasting with Emilie Holmes, founder of Good & Proper Tea
- Matcha Masterclass by Emilie Holmes, founder of Good & Proper Tea
- How to make the perfect Bloody Mary by Florence Cherruault, founder of The Pickle House
- Her journey into food as medicine and her mission to rid Britain of IBS with Karen O’Donoghue, Founder of The Happy Tummy Co
- The Story of Magic Breakfast by Chair Tamar Kasriel
- Cooking with Peanut Butter by Bonanza
- RIP Clean Eating: The Alternative Brunch Wellness Plan by Eve Simmons and Laura Dennison (Not Plant Based)
BOOK WITH OUR EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT CODE
You, our lovely readers, will be able to get 10% off any ticket you choose by using the code: SATED10.
Tickets are now on sale via www.londonbrunchfest.com at £15 (including entry to one session, festival tote bag, access to the main stage). VIB (Very Important Bruncher) tickets are also available at £28 (including a full day admission, a complimentary Bloody Mary, queue jump for talks, as well as tote bag and access to the main stage).
With every ticket sold, a 22p donation will be made to the charity Magic Breakfast to cover the cost of giving a child a healthy breakfast at school. Magic Breakfast is an award-winning charity ensuring that no child is too hungry to learn through the provision of healthy breakfast food and expert support to UK schools.