Virtuous Vodka will today launched its first cocktail competition.
The competition will centre around the key principles of the brand – 100% organic, natural vodka created in a sustainable environment. The first round will see bartenders from across the UK creating an entirely organic cocktail. The top six bartenders will then gather in London for an immersive day of creation at Crucible (London’s first creative hub for the drinks and flavour industries), where they will be tasked with making a Single Ingredient Serve, using one vodka and one ingredient from start to finish.
The winner will receive an all-inclusive trip to the distillery in Järvso, Hälsingland, in Northern Sweden, plus the Virtuous Cup to take home!
Round 1 – September 2018
- Bartenders to make an organic cocktail that’s flavoured from nature, with no artificial ingredients
- Judges to visit bars and sample all cocktails
- The six highest scoring cocktails will proceed to the second round
Round 2 – Wednesday 31st October 2018
- 1 Vodka, 1 Ingredient, Start to Finish
- Bartenders will take part in the Blast Your Face Off session, led by Stu Bale of Crucible
- Bartenders will then be let loose in the Crucible lab to adapt their ingredient and create their serve, with access to a simple larder of citrus, sugars, salts and fats
- The finalists will present their Single Ingredient Serve, plus their organic cocktail, to a panel of judges, including Stu Bale, Tristan Stephenson and Hannah Sharman-Cox
- The winner will receive a trip to the Virtuous Distillery in Sweden, a night out in Stockholm and the Virtuous Cup
To enter the competition, contestants must register their interest by the 14th September. A member of the Highball team will then be in contact to confirm a tasting date, which will take place in each of the contestant’s venue. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtuous Vodka is made using organic Swedish rye at its distillery in Järvso, Hälsingland, in Northern Sweden surrounded by rolling forests, mountains and lakes. Unfiltered, it offers a smooth yet distinct taste with a subtle sweetness. Priding itself on being 100% organic, flavoured varieties of Virtuous Vodka are created by adding berries, fruits or botanicals to the vodka to macerate before being gently filtered. The result is a sophisticated take on flavoured vodkas, with the spirit remaining remarkably true to the original flavour of the added botanicals.
Founded in 2016 by drinks industry experts Fabrice Limon and Barrie Wilson, Highball Brands is a distribution company that specialises in delivering the most luxurious and exciting portfolio to the trade with impeccable customer service through every touchpoint.