Drink Up London (the group behind London Cocktail Week, London Wine Week, Espresso Martini Fest, and a tonne of other fantastic booze events) has launched a new supper club, celebrating wines of the Loire Valley. This first Loire Moments Supper Club will kick off on Thursday 12th April at Petit Pois in Hoxton Square.
Loire Moments Supper Club is a new series of five pairing dinners set to run throughout the year. Each one will take guests on a journey through the beautiful Loire Valley, one of France’s most iconic and celebrated wine regions, to discover and taste everything it has to offer.
The Loire Valley is home to the crisp whites of Muscadet, golden nectar dessert wines from Vouvray, fruity rosés from Anjou and elegant sparkling wines such as Crémant de Loire. In celebration of this, each supper will focus on a different appellation or style, beginning with the Sauvignons of Touraine and moving through Vouvray, Muscadet, rosé and Cremant de Loire. At each supper there will be a speaker to guide guests through the wine, and a four-course meal to enjoy.
So far, the confirmed dates are:
- Thursday 12th April – Petit Pois Bistro
- Thursday 26th April – Noizé
- Thursday 5th July – Petit Pois Bistro
Loire Moments Supper Club at Petit Pois Bistro – Thursday 12th April
For the premier Loire Moments Supper Club at Petit Pois Bistro, wine expert Heather Dougherty will be joined by celebrated wine producer Lionel Gosseaume, who’s family have been wine growers for generations. The evening will focus on IG Val de Loire and Sauvignon wines from Touraine, with a pairing menu created by the team at Petit Pois.
- Touraine Chenonceaux 2016 – la Voûte – J. Delaunay
- Touraine Sauvignon 2016 – Clos du Tue-Boeuf (Puzelat) – Petit Buisson
- Touraine Sauvignon 2016 – Réserve Seraph (Maison Chainier)
- Touraine Oisly 2016 – Domaine de Pierre – L. Gosseaume
- Touraine Oisly 2015 – Domaine de Marcé – Coulée Galante
- IGP Val de Loire Sauvignon Blanc 2016 – Famille Bougrier
- Wild Mussels Cabbage, seaweed, Breton cider
- Rock Oyster Rhubarb ice
- Roast Chicken breast with pomme puree and a morels sauce
- Petit Pois’ famous Mousse Au Chocolat
A large and varied region, Touraine produces wines in every color – white, rosé and red – from an expansive palette of grape varieties. The appellation stretches from Anjou to the west to the Sologne region in the east. Touraine Sauvignon blanc – newly appointed unique grape variety for white wines in Touraine – is a perfect image of the diversity of the region.
Thurs 12th April, 7.30pm – 10pm, £45pp
Petit Pois, 9 Hoxton Square, London, N1 6NU
For more information and tickets visit: https://drinkup.london/events/18451/the-loire-moments-supper-club/