In celebration of Tartan Day this April, Scotch Malt Whisky Society, is giving Sated’s readers the chance to grab membership to the world-famous club along with a commemorative bottling of 11.36 Highlander Schmighlander for only £99!
Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS) is an international members’ club offering the world’s widest collection of rare and exceptional single cask whiskies to discerning whisky lovers. Each of their whiskies is bottled from a single cask at natural strength without the addition of water or colouring, as has been the case since their launch in 1983.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
- Member-only access to around 20 new whiskies and spirits in our monthly Outturn
- Entry for you and up to three guests to the Society’s four Members’ Rooms in Edinburgh and London
- Access to an extensive programme of tasting events with fellow whisky lovers
- Discounted dram prices at all SMWS partner bars across UK and the rest of the world
- Free subscription to Unfiltered, our award-winning members’ magazine
- Savings on postage and packaging, free to all UK addresses
- Membership card
11.36 Highlander Schmighlander: Tasting Notes
As expected with this distillery we found a lavish nose full of brambles, bracken, crushed ferns, green fruits, young wood, white pepper, oatmeal, barley sugar and dried cranberry. Then mint chewing gum, fresh lime and aperol spritz. Water revealed milk bottle sweets, mango slices, cantaloupe melon, elderflower champagne, lychee, sage, white stone fruits and cut grass.
The mouth was a tad hot to begin but soon threw up vanilla sugar, wild strawberries, lime curd, gomme syrup, chamomile tea, bacon fat and toasted cereals. A few orange soluble vitamins fizzing in the background. With water it became more tertiary with notes of lamp oil, lemon rind, wax, mead and gooseberry preserve. Some runny honey and creeping spices.
Neat or with a splash of water, depending on your preference.
9 years, 61.8 abv, 1st fill ex-bourbon barrel; 1 of 241 (132 available); Highland whisky